Payroll Training Seminar & Workshop
The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
||Payroll Training Seminar & Workshop
||This seminar is now available in a webinar format. You get the same training from the same trainers, only now you can take the course in the comfort of your home or office and not incur any travel or out-of-pocket costs. Please go to http://HRtrainingcenter.com/showWCTDetails.asp?TCID=1000997 for more details or to register for the webinar format.
Payroll is more than just issuing checks. There are numerous regulations regarding how to define the employment status, pay for regular, overtime, travel, and fringe benefits, integrate vacation, PTO, and cafeteria plan deductions, PLUS deal with regulations, procedures, and requirements for garnishments, unclaimed paychecks, reporting, penalty assessments, amended returns, and other occurrences that are integral to your job but don't necessary occur on a daily basis.
As if that's not enough, the payroll professional has to answer to the IRS, your state(s) Departments of Revenue, Unemployment Insurance Divisions, Labor Commissioners, Worker's Compensation companies, Auditors, deal with specific forms and timelines, and handle questions from their own employers and employees!
A mistake – however inadvertent – can turn payroll into a legal landmine. But don’t worry, we can help!
Our Payroll Training Seminar & Workshop will help you to understand and properly comply with the multitude of federal and state requirements, as well as provide best practices in an easy-to-understand format that'll have you a payroll pro in no time!
...and if all this great training isn't enough, you also receive numerous links to supporting websites such as the DOL, the IRS, and others for quick looks and/or more extensive research when - or if - you need it!
- Two Days Of Top-Notch Training From Our Payroll Experts
The seminar covers everything from defining the employment status to reporting. You’ll not only learn the rules, but get to practice what you learn!
- Tips And Examples Of Common Errors And Mistakes - As Well As Guidance On How To Avoid Them
We’ll point out where errors commonly occur on the I-9, Year End paperwork, and more – and show you how to avoid these common mistakes - and applicable penalties
- Interactive Exercises That Help You Practice What You Learn
What better way to learn than by doing? You’ll fill out an I-9 and other forms in class and get immediate feedback!
- Online Access To Our Payroll Training & Certification Programs that cover every step of the payroll process in painstaking detail. Plus you even get FREE updates whenever the law changes!
- OnDemand Access To A Reference Library Of Specialty Training Webinars covering key issues like such as handling garnishments, fringe benefits, and unclaimed paychecks that you’re bound to come up against when handling payroll.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today to get your payroll training!
Day 1: Payroll Basics - Making Sense of Your Day to Day Payroll Duties
During this session, we will talk about the basics of payroll - from hiring an employee through cutting their first and last paycheck to doing the required reporting.
Defining The Employment Relationship
Interactive Exercise: Independent Contractor Determination
- Classifying the different types of workers - and how they should be paid
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor determinations - and the consequences of getting it wrong
- Exempt-NonExempt worker determinations - the basis of every pay calculation
- What are your company's responsibilities for travel time, on-call time, and time employees spend waiting on behalf of your company?
- Which meetings and training sessions are and aren't deductable – and how to handle the deduction properly
- When are exempt employees eligible for overtime?
- Understanding overlapping federal and state wage and hour laws
- Comp time: the common illegal practice many companies unknowingly use
- What to do if you get an FLSA complaint
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:Handling Compensation
- Defining “wages” vs other types of compensation
- Computing overtime correctly to help you avoid costly penalties
- When and how to tax fringe benefits such as company cars, club memberships, etc.
- The legal ramifications of paycheck advances
- When must prizes won at a company function be taxed?
- Accountable Plan Accounting - and getting it right to avoid expenses becoming compensation
Interactive Exercise: Withholding Computations
- IRS and state rules
- Federal and state taxes that impact an employee's paycheck - and the employer's expenses
- Withholding Issues for employees performing services in multiple states
- Deposit Requirement best practices
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:The Paperwork
Interactive Exercise: Review Of Various Forms
- How registering as an employer not only affects payroll, but the tax department as well
- How to comply with the New Hire Report requirements
- TIN Verification and the I-9 Process
- What to do when your employee won't complete a Form W-4
- Handling Garnishments
- Record Retention requirements impact payroll as well
- IRS Form 941
- IRS Form 940
- IRS Form W2
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:Day 2: Advanced Payroll Processes
Travel vs Commute
Interactive Exercise: Methods For Calculation Car & Aircraft Use
- The IRS guidelines regarding commute costs
- What is considered a wage or a taxable commute benefit?
- Is it Compensation or a Bona Fide Business Expense?
- The rules for mileage, car rental, airfare, hotel, and personal aircraft
- The One-Year Rule-is there such a thing as breaking residency and restarting the reimbursement clock?
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:Executive Compensation
Interactive Exercise: Computation Of Stock Option Income
- Deferred Compensation reporting
- Stock Options, ISOs, NSOs, and ESPP taxation
- Fringe Benefits are currently a hot topic with the IRS. Know what to focus on!
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:Inpats - Expats
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:Terminations & Layoffs
- How to handle nonresident Alien Payroll
- How to Report an Employee Based on Their VISA Type
- What Tax is the Employee Subject To?
- How to pay US Employees Working Abroad
- How to Run a Shadow Payroll
- What Tax is the Employee Subject To
Interactive Exercise: Review Of 50 State Table For Termination Rules
- We have 50 states and 50 different rules-How Quickly to Pay Your Employees
- Voluntary Quits versus Terminations and how this effects how quickly you have to pay your employees
- Benefits Provided at Termination and Their Tax Consequences
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:Penalty Abatements
Interactive Exercise: How To Read A Penalty Notice And Prepare A Waiver Request
- Typical mistakes and penalties that can be faced by the payroll department – and how to avoid them!
- How to abate or request a waiver of a penalty
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:Amended Returns
Payroll Tax Audits
- When an amended return may be necessary
- How to file an amended return
- How to deal with repayments from your employees, especially after year end
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:Recordkeeping
- Review of the various types of audits that can occur and effect the payroll department
Interactive Exercise: Do's & Don'ts For Your Payroll Manual
- What to keep: when, where, and why
- Benefits of a Payroll Manual
- Post Sarbanes-Oxley payroll procedures
- How to write your payroll procedures
Plus access to the following 90-minute audio training sessions:Program Wrap-Up
You Also Earn PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits!
This program has been approved for 14 re-certification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute.
For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
||Agenda/Table Of Contents
|About The Provider:
||HRcertification.com offers seminars and online training programs to help you better understand and administer the regulations and compliance requirements for COBRA HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, Payroll, Retirement Plans, Cafeteria Plans, and other federally-mandated compliance areas.
We also offer courses on conducting Internal Investigations, Performance Management, and Recruiting & Hiring, as well as specialty courses for HR Generalists.
Used by almost every major company and TPA in the country, each of our programs includes numerous tips, examples, recommended procedures, realistic scenarios, and interactive quizzes - all designed to help ensure you are learning.
Our programs also allow you to earn either a valuable "Certified Administrator" designation (for our online programs) or a Skills Certificate (for our in-person seminar attendees)! We also offer a "Certified TPA" Program for Third Party Administrators!
FYI, our seminars and online programs typically qualify for eight or more hours of PHR and SPHR re-certification credits. Seminar Policies
There currently are no scheduled dates for this seminar. Please click here to search for another course.
|About Us | Site Map|
Presented by RE Training Center
© RealSure, Inc. 2010 All Rights Reserved
Thank you for visiting CourseDates.com - Home of Real Estate Training,
Real Estate Education, Seminars, Events, Conventions & Conferences.